Thursday, April 18, 2013

ten years

Not sure how this can be true. Today marks 10 years since my dad's passing.
 
They say it gets easier, but it doesn't. There are always those days. When a certain song comes on, every holiday without them, when something important happens in your life.

And then suddenly, memories begin to fade and you struggle to remember their voice.

Missing him more today and with each passing day.

I love you dad.
 
 
 
The older I get
The more I can see
How much he loved my mother and my sister and me
And he did the best that he could
And I only hope when I have my own family
That everyday I see
A little more of my father in me

He's in my eyes
My heart, my soul
My hands, my pride
And when I feel alone
 And I think I can't go on
I hear him sayin' "Girl you'll be alright"
Song for Dad - Keith Urban
 But you went away
How dare you?
I miss you
They say I’ll be OK
But I’m not going to ever get over you
Over You - Miranda Lambert
 

1 comment: